Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
Previous Discussion

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part One
Original Story by Barry Peterson
Adapted by Fritz Baugh

March 1991--Timeline Year 9
The Ghostbusters get a call from none other than the President: there's a pesky poltergeist perplexing the Pentagon.

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part Two
Story by Barry Peterson; Adapted by Fritz Baugh

To unravel the mystery of the disappearance of Professor Ian Epimetheus, Egon and Venkman enter the lost scientist's experiemental portal...and come across even more mysteries, culminating in the return of some very familiar adversaries...

And if you want a spoiler:
It's these guys

Part 1 ("Poltergiest at the Pentagon" was it's original title) was intended to run in RGB Vol.2 #5. Part 2 ("Pandora's Box") was slated for RGB Vol.2 #6. But after Vol.2 #4 the regular book was cancelled. Now ran the two parts seperately in their 1992 and 1993 Annuals.

But after the 1993 Annual there was only one more Now Ghostbusters comic, a 3-D Slimer Special, and it did not include any continuation.

But now...after fourteen years, the story continues (albeit unofficially, of course)

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part Three
By Fritz Baugh; Based off a story by Barry Peterson
The Peoplebusters are loose in New York City. And then Professor Epimetheus's portal device opens again...

It was fun chapter to do--good grief, I got so "classic" I even had Slimer save their butts! Though in my stories, of course, that's actually a rare and unusual event, which is as it should be.

But now, what you've really been waiting for:

ALL NEW, AS OF OCTOBER 8, 2007

Ghostbusters: Pandora's Box, Part Four
By Fritz Baugh; Based off a story by Barry Peterson
March 1991--Timeline Year Nine
The Ghostbusters versus the Peoplebusters with Professor Epimetheus as the prize. Do we really need to say any more than that?
----------------------------------------
I won't say much more than that until you've read it, except to point out that we already know that the story of the Flip Side is far from over...

PostPosted: October 12th, 2007, 3:56 pm 
I Have No Life
I Have No Life

Zodiac: Virgo
Okay, this topic is at the top. I have been too tired the last three days to find it, lol.

Poor old Epimethious, I know I can't spell. I guess people can get used to just about anything. I kinda felt bad for him though.

And when Peter said, "Braaaiiinnnss" I literally had to stop reading I was laughing so hard! So like Peter.

Thank you for finally completing this epic saga that has been left unfinished for so long.

Way off topic, but my brain is strange--does the timeline have Janine's cousin in it from Now #28? Just curious.
ghostdiva

PostPosted: October 12th, 2007, 5:25 pm 
Administrator
Administrator

Zodiac: Taurus
ghostdiva wrote:
Okay, this topic is at the top. I have been too tired the last three days to find it, lol.

With all the threads about old stories, I thought maybe stickying new ones would be a good idea to make sure they don't drop out of the main page too soon. It doesn't seem to have worked as well as I'd like :|

Quote:
Poor old Epimethious, I know I can't spell. I guess people can get used to just about anything. I kinda felt bad for him though.

Almost a year ago, I asked some of my beta guys and unofficial "continuity committee" how things should go for Professor Epimetheus and the Peoplebusters. They pretty much backed up the directions I'd already been thinking of going; I'd already started hatching a larger scheme because of "Flipped Out", so be assured that his story is far from over.

And of course having Ep be gone at the end actually plugs up some potential continuity holes--things like, why wasn't he seen or even mentioned when Egon got married? Now we know.

And remember: he chose this himself. My version of Professor Epimetheus is influenced by the Doctor, and he wasn't one to sit around in quiet retirement when people were needing help. That was the whole reason he left Gallifrey in the first place.

Quote:
And when Peter said, "Braaaiiinnnss" I literally had to stop reading I was laughing so hard! So like Peter.

I got some compliments from one of the beta readers about Venkman's lines in this one. I dunno...maybe I have present day Venkman be a little more restrained, as he's got a wife and family. This Venkman is nominally involved with Dana, but she's off in LA so he's basically undomesticated at this point.

Quote:
Thank you for finally completing this epic saga that has been left unfinished for so long.

You're quite welcome. I enjoyed the challenge. I tried to not get too deep into the broader GBOT continuity, other than Egon's flashback at the beginning of part 2 and some subtler mentions of things like Legion, and RGB#25.

Quote:
Way off topic, but my brain is strange--does the timeline have Janine's cousin in it from Now #28? Just curious.
ghostdiva

Yeah. She's mentioned in 1958, when Janine was born

Quote:
and a cousin named Michelle Jacobs (who by 1990 has a son, Alec)

RGB#28 is mentioned near the end of 1990/Year Eight.

And both Michelle and her son are mentioned in "Forever" They don't have any lines, but they're there.

PostPosted: November 29th, 2010, 10:08 am 
Extreme Ghostbuster
Extreme Ghostbuster

Zodiac: Virgo
I liked this a lot. The combat sequence in the final part - starting with
Quote:
"Prepare to eat it, Ghostbusters." Winston leered again.

is my favourite among ones in the Ectozone fics, bar none. So dynamic and captivating.